Postponed-watch this page for revised dates|
Sydney City Central
Translating ESG Theory Into Practice
Time & Location
Postponed-watch this page for revised dates
Sydney City Central, 169/179 Thomas St, Haymarket
About The Event
- Welcome and introductions
- Overview of the workshop
2. ESG Integration
- The importance of ESG integration into business sustainability strategy
- Developing a roadmap for ESG initiative integration
- Building a solid ESG culture
3. Materiality and Risk Assessments
- The importance of materiality and risk assessments
- Conducting materiality and risk assessments
- Identifying and remediating data gaps
4. KPIs and Metrics
- The importance of KPIs and metrics
- Developing KPIs and metrics for ESG
- Ensuring accuracy and reliability of data
5. Measurement of Emissions and Carbon Footprint
- The importance of measuring emissions and carbon footprint
- Methods for measuring emissions and carbon footprint
- Reporting on emissions and carbon footprint
6. Sustainable Financial and Non-Financial Reports
- The importance of sustainable financial and non-financial reports
- Guidance on how best to prepare sustainable financial and non-financial reports
- Review of policy regulations, frameworks, and existing and new reporting standards
7. Putting It All Together
- Case studies and group activities
- Role-playing exercises
- Q&A session
Your Facilitator: Linda Romanovska
Linda is a highly skilled and dedicated professional with extensive and broad experience in sustainability covering all three areas – E ,S and G, with additional in-depth acumen in Climate Change Risks, Resilience & Adaptation, Just Transitions, Sustainable Finance and Natural Capital, among others, gained from over 18 years of experience across various sectors, including industry, research and sustainability consulting, in addition to direct ongoing appointments to several high-level expert groups developing regulatory or voluntary corporate sustainability frameworks and standards.
Highly consulted and known for her extensive expertise in compliance with sustainability disclosure regulations and voluntary frameworks (Science-based Targets, TCFD, TNFD, ISSB, SASB, GRI, PRI etc.) across a wide range of industries. Additionally, she is highly skilled in sustainability strategies (materiality assessments, strategy development, implementation plans, monitoring and reporting), overall ESG risk management, ESG due diligence, climate change policies and climate change commitments (Net Zero Targets) and risks - vulnerability assessments, adaptation and resilience planning and implementation, socially just transitions, as well as natural capital accounting, valuation and reporting.
Benefits of attending:
- Learn about the importance of ESG integration into your business sustainability strategy, and how it can help you address the environmental, social, and governance challenges and opportunities in your industry and market.
- Gain practical insights and tools on how to develop a roadmap for ESG initiative integration, and how to build a solid ESG culture within your organization that aligns with your purpose and values.
- Understand the importance of materiality and risk assessments, and how to conduct them effectively to identify the most relevant and significant ESG issues for your business and stakeholders.
- Discover how to develop KPIs and metrics for ESG that are meaningful, measurable, and manageable, and how to ensure accuracy and reliability of data to support your ESG reporting and decision-making.
- Explore the importance of measuring emissions and carbon footprint, and the methods for doing so using various tools and standards. You will also learn how to report on your emissions and carbon footprint in a transparent and consistent manner, and how to set and achieve your emission reduction targets.
- Find out the importance of sustainable financial and non-financial reports, and the guidance on how best to prepare them to communicate your ESG performance and impact to your investors, customers, regulators, and other stakeholders. You will also review the policy regulations, frameworks, and existing and new reporting standards that apply to your business and industry.
- Have the opportunity to put it all together by applying what you have learned to real-world case studies and group activities, and by engaging in role-playing exercises and Q&A sessions with the workshop facilitators and fellow participants.
By attending this workshop, you will not only gain valuable knowledge and skills on ESG, but also enhance your professional network and reputation. You will also be able to demonstrate your commitment and leadership on ESG to your organization and stakeholders, and contribute to a more sustainable and prosperous future for all.
Professionals who are interested in learning how to integrate environmental, social, and governance (ESG) factors into their business sustainability strategy, and how to measure and report on their ESG performance and impact.
Some possible characteristics of the target audience :
- Work in sectors or industries that are exposed to ESG risks and opportunities, such as energy, finance, manufacturing, consumer goods, technology, etc.
- Possess roles or responsibilities related to ESG, such as sustainability managers, ESG analysts, investors, consultants, auditors, regulators, etc.
- Have a basic understanding of ESG concepts and frameworks, but want to deepen their knowledge and skills on how to apply them in practice.
- Are motivated by the potential benefits of ESG integration, such as enhancing their reputation, increasing their competitiveness, attracting and retaining talent, improving their stakeholder relations, and contributing to a more sustainable and prosperous future.
- Ticket type
This ticket is non transferable. A refreshment break is included and all workshop materials.PriceA$180.00
+A$4.50 service fee+A$4.50 service feeSale ended
- Ticket type
This ticket is non transferable. A refreshment break is included and all workshop materials.PriceA$120.00
+A$3.00 service fee+A$3.00 service feeSale ended
- Ticket type
This ticket is non transferable and is available for two or more people. A refreshment break is included and all workshop materials.PriceA$150.00
+A$3.75 service fee+A$3.75 service feeSale ended
- Ticket type
This ticket is non transferable. A refreshment break is included and all workshop materials.PriceA$90.00
+A$2.25 service fee+A$2.25 service feeSale ended